Warning, Caution, And Risks Associated With The Stressvest®
WARNING: MUST READ!
ALL PURCHASERS AND USERS OF STRESSVEST® ELECTRICAL DISCHARGE DEVICES MUST READ AND AGREE WITH THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS PRIOR TO USING ANY STRESSVEST® PRODUCTS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE CONDITIONS SET OUT IN THIS FORM, PLEASE RETURN THE UNUSED STRESSVEST® PRODUCT FOR A FULL REFUND BEFORE USE.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser of the StressVest® product to ensure that any individual wishing to train with said products first read and agree to the conditions stated in this form.
Any Instructor wishing to use a StressVest® product as a tool to assist in training other individuals MUST ensure they read and understand safe use of the StressVest®.
- StressVest® electrical shocking devices are designed to be used as a training tool only. Although they are not designed to cause serious injury or incapacitation, the fact that they emit an electrical shock means they do carry risk. It is impossible to predict how each individual will react to the device. While medical evidence supports the use of high voltage, low amperage devices as being safe, those choosing to train with StressVest® products accept risk of injury or even possible death from unforeseen individual susceptibilities.
- StressVest® devices can cause muscle contractions or reflex reactions which may result in injuries to bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints.
- StressVest® devices cause both physical and psychological pain which can be stressful and may cause psychological injury in some people.
- Sparks from StressVest® devices can ignite flammable liquid or gas. Do not use the StressVest® around any flammable material. Ensure any inert or chemical spray products being used in conjunction with training are not flammable and can not be ignited by spark. This includes flammable gas products used to charge airsoft weapons.
- The StressVest® electrical charge should NEVER be applied to the groin, spine, upper torso, legs, face or neck area. It is recommended that all persons training with StressVest® devices only apply the electrical shocking feature to the waste line directly below the belly button but above the groin area. It can also be applied to the extremities of the arm.
- No minor or youths or anyone under the age of 18 years should be allowed to train with or be exposed to any StressVest® devices.
- If you have a condition or pre-existing injury that you believe may be aggravated by StressVest® training, advise your instructor immediately and do not participate in StressVest® device training.
- Read all directions and associated cautions for any laser systems used in conjunction with the StressVest® System.
- Repeated exposure with the StressVest® device in the same location may cause redness, marks, burning and in extreme cases scarring that may be permanent.
LIABILITY RELEASE AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE
In consideration of using the StressVest® device during training and/or exposure, I acknowledge and agree to the following:
- have read the above stated Warnings, Cautions and Risks Associated with StressVest® products. I understand and acknowledge that my participation in any training utilizing a StressVest® device or any exposure to a StressVest® device is by volunteer only. I chose to voluntarily participate in StressVest® device training and/or exposure, understanding that I assume all risks of bodily injury whether physical or psychological that may occur.
- I acknowledge and intend this form to be legally binding upon me, my heirs, executors, employers or any other party of interest and I am acknowledging that I waive, release any instructor, monitor, agency, business, associated with StressVest® device training including StressVest Inc. and all of it’s sales agents, distributors, directors, owners and employees from any claims, demands, suits, rights and cause of action of any kind and nature, arising from and by reason of StressVest® device training or exposure that results in any physical or psychological injury, including death.
- I understand that by agreeing to this form I have read the entire form and have chosen to participate in StressVest® device training and/or exposure; I understand that by reading this form I am releasing any instructor, monitor, agency, business, associated with StressVest® device training including StressVest Inc. and all of it’s sales agents, distributors, directors, owners and employees from any and all legal and civil action or claims; I understand that by reading this form I am agreeing and promising not to sue: I also understand that by agreeing with this form, I am giving up certain legal rights including the right to recover damages in case of injury; I agree that I have read and understand this entire Form; I understand that it is a promise not to sue and a release and indemnity for all claims; I further understand that by agreeing to this Form I am giving up certain legal rights including the right to recover damages in case of injury; and I agree to accept all the stated conditions and terms of this form.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE ABOVE CONDITIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE UNUSED STRESSVEST™ PRODUCT FOR A FULL REFUND. IF THE STRESSVEST™ PRODUCT IS NOT RETURNED UNUSED, THEN IT IS ASSUMED THAT THE PURCHASER HAS UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED WITH THE CONDITIONS OF THIS FORM. PURCHASERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO HAVE THIS FORM REVIEWED BY AN ATTORNEY OF THEIR CHOOSING BEFORE AGREEING TO THE FORM.